What are some of the best prep books for MCAT? Any future medical student must take the Medical College Admission Test or MCAT. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) developed and oversees this program, which gives schools an easily comparative way to assess applicants’ skills and readiness.
MCAT study guides must be thorough, up to date, simple to understand, and appropriate for your active learning. Some people learn well with pictures and diagrams, while others learn best with short flashcards or real-world examples. Therefore, carefully consider what you require.
We’ve put together a list of the best MCAT preparation resources to aid you in making the best choice. If you’re seeking the best MCAT prep books, go no further because this list has summaries of each book as well as detailed advantages and disadvantages.
The Top 5 MCAT Prep Books
Check out this list of five MCAT study guides we’ve evaluated and ranked below:
1. MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review
In all honesty, Kaplan is your best bet if you’re looking for the top MCAT exam preparation books in 2021. No other subject reviews compare to their amount of information, making them at the top of our list. With plenty of charts, graphs, concept checks, and 3-D pictures to help with the study, the content is divided into chapters that are simple to understand. You have plenty of time to prepare for the real thing with a year’s worth of exposure to three full-length online tests, quizzes, and questions.
- The most thorough and extensive MCAT study guides currently on the market.
- This online resource includes quizzes and practice exams.
- Idea tests and chapter summaries help to reinforce learning.
- Kaplan MCAT books are pricey, despite the fact that they are thorough.
- In the event that you’ve left things a bit late, the amount of detail may be difficult.
- With new editions, there are seldom updates.
2. Princeton Review MCAT Subject Review Complete Box Set
In terms of MCAT prep books, Princeton Review is a reliable option as yet another reputable and well-known publisher.
Similar to the Kaplan MCAT books, this full collection includes seven distinct books, three online practice exams, and tried-and-true methods for raising your score.
Furthermore, the authors of Princeton Review books are actual teachers who sprinkle in a little humor (as well as top-notch visuals). We can assure you that this is helpful when you’re studying the Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems.
- In-depth discussion of important ideas and facts.
- Good price and individuality in the writing.
- Thousands of question papers and online practice exams.
- Sometimes practice exams are more challenging than the real thing.
- There are more in-depth sections of certain information than others.
- A surplus of detailed knowledge might hinder learning.
3. Barron’s Test Prep: MCAT with Online Tests
Barron’s Exam Prep might well take home the prize for the finest MCAT test preparation books in 2021 if you’re seeking a balance of price and high-quality information. With 39 online readings and four practice tests that closely resemble the real thing, the level of information is more than enough to study themes with confidence. It’s a fantastic option for anyone who is anxious on exam day because it includes additional resources on test-taking stress and critical thinking techniques.
- A cost-effective choice that is comprehensive.
- Advice on managing nervousness, timing exams, and problem-solving.
- Can be used in conjunction with Barron flashcards to boost understanding.
- Many practice questions may have unclear wording.
- Although the information is clear and simple to understand, at times it seems lacking.
- There are more general reviews than in-depth explanations.
4. MCAT Prep Books 2021-2022 (Test Prep Books)
Similar to Barron’s Test Prep, this is among the more reasonably priced MCAT study guides. Annually updated, you can be sure you’re using the most recent MCAT study material because it covers all the topics you need. Test prep books offer sample problems, exercises, well-organized study material, and in-depth explanations of the solutions. As a result, it’s a great alternative if you’re a student who wants to comprehend both the what and the why.
- Major points for each section, as well as easily digestible content.
- Each inquiry and response is explained in great detail.
- Practice tests with clear reviews are printed.
- It may be simple to answer practice questions.
- It would be beneficial to have more details regarding the test itself.
5. Examkrackers MCAT Complete Study Package
We would be remiss if we were to feature Examkrackers in this list of the finest MCAT study guides. Although not satisfied with these books for the overly detailed writing, students admit that they are nonetheless excellent resources for exam and revision tactics in addition to content. Examkrackers can be huge assistance if you’re nervous about taking tests. The comprehensive collection of Examkrackers MCAT study guides provides thorough coverage of all the topics, and each part includes practice questions as well as crystal-clear illustrations and diagrams. There are also two mini-exams in actual MCAT format.
- Concepts are well understood and applied across disciplines.
- There are two mini-tests and a ton of practice questions.
- Authentic study and test-taking techniques that work.
- Sometimes there may be too much or too little data available.
- Sporadic updating for new editions.
- Perhaps more study materials are needed.
How to Get Ready for MCAT?
You must prepare ahead of time if you want to perform at your best on the MCAT. Purchase a top-notch MCAT prep book as one of your initial steps if you intend to self-study. You may improve your score and general knowledge to be more ready for medical school by choosing an MCAT prep book that offers you practice questions and examinations as well as in-depth explanations of key ideas.
You might want to think about using an MCAT preparation course in addition to picking the finest study book for your requirements. For this is our list of the best MCAT prep books. Prep classes frequently offer better training and more practice materials than a single book does for certain individuals.